Aims & Objectives
The Natural Resource Management & Training Development Society is an autonomous body with the primary objective to organize capacity building trainings, study courses, exposure visits, conferences, workshops, seminars and lectures and all level trainings/activities of line departments, over and above the mandate of Forest Training Institutes, and to assist and organize research programs in Natural Resource management, and in furtherance of the above objectives undertake all activities :
- To develop and update curricula for all such trainings.
- To collaborate with International; National, Local level institutions having similar objectives.
- To function as advisory body to Govt. of H.P./H.P. Forest Department in policy formation and
implementation to develop teaching, learning materials and to work as a facilitator in promoting
various policies and programs.
- To conduct workshops, conferences, seminars, studies on various topical issues and problems in
natural resources management and al level trainings/activities of the line departments.
- To strengthen information technology (IT) and data base management in natural resource
- To render professional assistance and advice on natural resource management issues as and
when desired by Govt./Departments/Organization/Institutions and Communities.
- To encourage exchange of information and net working with other institutions working on
natural resource management.
- To offer Fellowship, Scholarships, Prizes and stipend in furtherance of the objectives of the
- To accept grants of money, securities or property of any kind and undertake and accept the
management of any endowment, trust, fund or donation not inconsistent with the objectives of
the society, on such terms as may be prescribed by the society from time to time.
- To impose and recover fees and charges for the services rendered.